THE IRAN NUCLEAR DEAL: RUSSIA'S INTERESTS AND PROSPECTS FOR IMPLEMENTATIONAugust 14, 2015. Moscow Russia. The Center for Energy and Security Studies (CENESS) organized a meeting on ‘The Iran Nuclear Deal: Russia's Interests and Prospects for Implementation'. The meeting, which took place precisely one month after the adoption of Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) in Vienna, was held in a form of conversation with the head of the Russian delegation at the nuclear talks between the P5+1 and Iran, Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov.
News of the Nuclear Club Journal
- Jordan's Nuclear Energy Plans
- Progress of the Barakah NPP Project in the UAE
- Implementation of IAEA Safeguards in Russia.
- DPRK and the Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime: Unanswered Challenges and Missed Opportunities
- Ukraine: Revolution and Atom
- Westinghouse and Ukraine's Nuclear Fuel Dilemma
- Pakistani Nuclear Weapons: Problems for the International Community?
- The Operation in Iraq: First Experience of Russian-US Cooperation in HEU Minimization
The summary in English is available via link below.
'President Yeltsin Stopped Me From Finishing the Cuban Nuclear Power Plant'
Stuxnet: New Form of Cyber Warfare was Tested on Iranian Nuclear Infrastructure? (In Russian)
In June 2010 thousands of computers in India, Indonesia, Iran, China, Pakistan, USA, Taiwan and Ecuador were attacked by worm ‘Stuxnet', a new form of cyber malware that can damage real objects. The worldwide attention was riveted to this virus after it struck the Iranian nuclear facilities: Bushehr NPP and enrichment plant in Natanz.
Russia, Australia and New Horizons of Nuclear Cooperation
On November 11, 2010 Russia's peaceful nuclear energy cooperation agreement with Australia, which holds about a quarter of the world's known uranium reserves, entered into force. One of the key authors of the agreement looks back at the history of the agreement, details the requirements of Australian law to such international agreements, and highlights the prospects for bilateral nuclear cooperation.